- K-12 Education Strategist at CDW·G
- Pro to the question "Should Tablets Replace Textbooks in K-12 Schools?"
“There’s no mystery behind the rise of digital textbooks. I’ve heard educators heap praise on the interactive, multimedia content for its ability to engage students in new and interesting ways…
Digital content also surpasses traditional textbooks by providing students with anytime, anywhere access to course material. Additionally, reading e-books lets students practice screen-specific learning and comprehension skills that will become increasingly important as society shifts even further toward digital texts, both in the classroom and in the world beyond.”
“Digital Content Drives Learning, So Long as Schools Are Prepared,” EdTech Magazine online edition, May 3, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- K-12 Education Strategist, CDW·G, Nov. 2015-present
- Google Certified Educator Level 2, Sep. 2015-present
- Microsoft Innovative Educator, Sep. 2015-present
- K-12 Learning Environment Advisor, CDW·G, Sep. 2015-Nov. 2015
- High School Literacy Specialst, Amos Alonzo Stagg High School, IL, Aug. 2007-Aug. 2015
- English/Reading Instructional Coach, Chicago Public Schools, Sep. 2005-July 2007
- Lead Literacy Teacher, Chicago Vocational Career Academy, Aug. 2004-Sep. 2005
- English & Reading Teacher, Chicago Vocational Career Academy, Sep. 2002-Aug. 2004
- Supervisor, Manager, and National Trainer, Quick Test/Heakin, 1996-2001
- Master of Education (MEd), Reading, Grand Canyon University, 2005
- BSc, Advertising, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1996
- Twitter handle: @amybrowns
- Is a Certified Teacher, Type 09, endorsed in English, reading, psychology, and special education, Illinois State Board of Education
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Tablets Replace Textbooks in K-12 Schools?